Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On The Fifth Day of Christmas...


Yesterday I spent the day baking with my mom and little sister. This is something that I have missed for the past 2 years because we weren't able to come home for Christmas. This has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. Even as a little kid, I remember my mom spending all day baking and then the 4 of us kids would get to decorate the cookies she made. We love to paint the cookies with a karo syrup/food coloring mixture. It gives them a stained-glass look and it is way fun. Now it is the grand kids that get to do the decorating. They had a ball panting, frosting, and making a huge mess. Tristyn tried drinking the bowl of blue syrup at one point. Caleb couldn't grasp the concept of "sprinkling" the sprinkles, so his cookies had huge piles of sprinkles. This was on top of the gobs of syrup and frosting already on the cookie. They had a great time and it filled my heart to be a part of it again this year. Here are a few pics:





Today I am getting caught up on the laundry that I put off this weekend. Scott has the day off and it is rainy outside, so it will be a nice cozy day at home for us. Makenzie has her Christmas choir performance tonight. That should be fun. I always feel like a sardine at those things. There are so many people packed in to the school gym. But I am looking forward to hearing her sing. She loves to sing. God has blessed her with a beautiful voice and she always has a song in her heart. She is such an amazing kid! Ok, ok...I could brag about my kids for hours, and this post is already long enough!

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Five golden rings!






0 people said: