Friday, December 21, 2007

On The Eighth Day of Christmas...

Today is the first day of Christmas vacation and I slept in until 9:00!!! It was great! We are going to meet my mom, sister, and niece for lunch this afternoon. That is all I have on my agenda.

Here's a question for you:

What is your favorite holiday treat? It can be a food dish, a candy, something baked, something bought, a drink.

Mine is my mom's homemade almond roca. I look forward to it every year. The first year we lived in Oregon I was able to come home to visit in November, so my mom made me some early. The second Christmas we were there I was not able to come home at all around Christmas. I was feeling very homesick and it was a hard Christmas. On Christmas morning Scott, the kids, and I were all sitting around the tree opening gifts. Scott handed me a gift. We had agreed we weren't getting gifts for each other, so I couldn't figure out what this could be. I was stumped. Inside was a Christmas tin that was very heavy. All of a sudden it hit me what it was. I tore the lid off and started crying as I looked into this tin FULL of my mom's almond roca! Scott had called her and asked her if she would make some and mail it so he could give it to me for Christmas. It was the best present I have EVER been given. I still tear up when I think of that story. What a thoughtful thing for my husband and my mom to do. These pictures are AWFUL, being as we just got out of bed, but I'm glad I will have these to look back on for the rest of my life!





On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: Eight maids a-milking.

(Or in my case... a tin full of almond roca!)



4 people said:

Alisha Beverly said...

Ohhh! That is the coolest story! And I love the pictures! It made me tear up!

Candace Sweigart said...

What a sweet story :) I love these pictures of you. What I love the most is Makenzie hugging you. I love the look on her face. What a lovely family you have! Merry Christmas Plumleys!

Love the Sweigarts

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Dionna said...

What a special memory.