Monday, January 7, 2008

White as Snow



I admit, I am not a big fan of the snow. I hate being cold, and I hate driving in it. However, today I am feeling an overwhelming sense of God in the snow. Corny? Maybe. But there is something about looking outside and seeing everything in a new light. The dirty, empty, brown field behind my house is now clean, full, and bright. It brings to mind all the songs that use the word picture of being "white as snow" when God forgives our sins. Snow makes even the most ugly of things beautiful. The dark looks bright. The dirty looks clean once again. Today I am thankful for the snow. I am thankful that I have a wonderful, cozy, warm home to be in. I am thankful that I have a safe and warm vehicle to drive. I am thankful that my family has warm clothes, shoes, and coats to wear. I am thankful for coffee! :0) I am most thankful to God for making me white as snow.

5 people said:

fab5 said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have to admit I was not too happy to see the white stuff this a.m. either!

Kara said...

Well said, Jess. We're at the stage in winter when all the snow is dirty so I loved your visual of clean, white snow!

~Brittany~ said...

AMEN to that sista!! hehe....I got the same sense of calmness and thankfulness this morning when I saw the snow...

How amazing is your God??

Mama Lisa said...

make up and heels? yikes. so not ready for that phase. love your picture of the snow.

Anonymous said...

GOD IS AMAZING