Monday, January 21, 2008

Quality Time


Yesterday Scott and I were able to get away and have a "date day". We started the day by going to church with a friend who was having a special ordination service. It was great seeing friends we hadn't seen in a while and catching up. After church we went to Chili's and had a light lunch. It's always so nice to sit at a restaurant and eat without the cries, arguing, and chaos of children. We ate and enjoyed a peaceful time together. After lunch we went to see The Bucket List. It was pretty funny. We had a lot of laughs. After the movie we went to the mall. I was in desperate need of new walking shoes. Here's part of the reason I hate shopping...especially for shoes: The smallest size most decent shoe stores carry is 6. I wear a 5. This means that if I want to find something that fits me I have to go to the kid section. I'm not a fan of wearing shoes that light up or have pictures of Bratz or Hannah Montana on the side. For this reason we had to go to MANY different stores before we FINALLY found a pair of kid shoes that didn't look like kid shoes. After the long and tiring shoe hunt we needed a little bit of a "pick-me-up", so we ended up at the Cheesecake Factory. What a great way to end the perfect day! We enjoyed our cheesecake and coffee and then headed back to Scott's parent's house to pick up the kiddos. We sat and visited with them for a while and then packed up the kids and headed home. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and watching TV. It was such a great day. I am looking forward to today, too. My friend, Erin, and I are going to see 27 Dresses. I am looking forward to spending some time with her. We haven't had a chance to hang out in a while.

5 people said:

Mama Lisa said...

two movies in two days??? i am so jealous. i think you would look cute in blinking shoes! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome day!! I had a blast!

SPARKY said...

that's awesome. great for you two to get away together. i've always admired your relationship. you do the right things!!!

Alisha Beverly said...

Ohh. That's so sad. I hate hunting for shoes because they are always out of size 8. Apparently everyone and their dog wears size 8. What's the deal?!

We saw Bucket List too and liked it. Funny, but sad too! I saw 27 Dresses at in early release. I thought it was pretty cute. Predictable, but cute! I'm glad you two got to get away and enjoy 'us' time!

scarlett said...

Okay, I feel a little sorry for you in the shoe department but not really since I wear a 10!!! Yes practically man size. Everything looks cute on the rack in a 6 but put it into a 10 and well not so cute!