Thursday, January 31, 2008

Round Two

I am finally feeling like a human being again. After a week of fever, sniffing, sneezing, dizzy spells, coughing...I am finally feeling like I may just kick this stuff. However....not much celebrating going on around here. On Tuesday, Makenzie's school called and I had to pick her up because she was running a temp. It is now Thursday and BOTH her and Caleb are sick with the same thing. They both have high fevers and the sniffles. Will this EVER END?!?!?!?! I am feeling a bit defeated. Scott and I were supposed to leave today for a weekend in McCall. Not happening. Bummer.

Looking on the "bright side", today starts a week of vacation for Scott. At least I get to be out of the house for about an hour today. I have an apt to get my hair cut. I haven't had it cut since...November, I think. I had planned to grow it out a bit, but the longer it gets the more I remember WHY it is short. I like my hair better short.

I feel like I need to mention how awesome my husband is! For the past week with all of us sick (besides him...how did he escape this??) , he has been a huge help. When he is at work he is constantly texting or calling me to see how we are all feeling, to see if we need anything. When he is leaving work he calls to see if he needs to stop at the store for more medicine, juice, soup, whatever. He has taken care of dinner each night, he has even made a special trip to the store to buy the kids each a little stuffed animal so that he could give them a special "treat" when he came home. Last night he went out to the store and came home with all the kids' favorite snacks. Those may sound trivial to some, but it just shows that he thinks about us and cares enough to do the "little things" to make us happy. He is an amazing husband and father. I am truly blessed! Thanks, Babe, for all of your help this past week. I love you!

4 people said:

Mama Lisa said...

glad you are feeling better. sounds like you got yourself a keeper. Good man.

Always around said...

Now I know what he's doing all day at work!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica! I am so sorry the sickness just keeps comin'! What a great guy Scott is to brighten everyones day like that though. I hope the kids are feeling better soon. Bummer you missed out on the weekend. We decided not to go either. Didn't feel safe braving the roads. We both had a bad feeling about it so we are staying put in town for the weekend.

scarlett said...

How do those guys manage to avoid getting sick? Hope everyone is well soon.