Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What A Day

Scott had yesterday off from work so he and his dad decided to go fishing. Ok, sure, whatever. No big deal. He and his dad love to fish and they haven't been able to go in a long time. It was fine with me. Until Scott tells me that they have decided to go somewhere close by so that they can take Caleb with them! WHAT?!? Are you saying I get THE WHOLE DAY to MYSELF??? I was estatic! Scott took Kenz to school at 7:45 and then the boys left about 9:45. I was talking to a friend on the phone right after they left and I was practically giddy. I cannot remember the last time I have had time to myself. I went to Target...ALONE, went grocery shopping...ALONE, came home and put all the groceries away...ALONE, read my book for a little while...ALONE, then went to get my haircut...ALONE! At one point I turned on music, but then I decided I liked the quiet better. When I got home from getting my hair cut, everyone was home. I talked with Kenzie about school for a while (she had a pajama day and wanted to tell me all about it), then I asked Caleb if he had fun fishing with Daddy. He said he had fun, but that he didn't catch "a fish, a shark OR a duck"! I thought that was funny. Not sure why he thought he was going to catch a duck, but I have to admit that I am glad he didn't. After dinner I helped Kenz finish her Indian Village then we watched the Biggest Loser. All in all it was a pretty great day.

6 people said:

fab5 said...

ALONE! My kiddos are headed to Baker this afternoon until Sat. a.m. I have parent/teacher conferences at school, but will definitely have some ALONE time! What to do? Huh?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I bet that a little part of you wasn't quite sure WHAT to do. Whenever I get days like this (which isn't often) I always clean or something like that. Cleaning with NO interruptions is so nice!~It's Tiesha, but I can't remember my login info....;)

Kimberly said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Did even the littlest part of you miss the kids? I'm curious.

Life As I Know It said...

Not at all. But to be honest...I only had about an hour of complete "down time". I was out running errands and grocery shopping the rest of the time. I miss them when they are gone for the night (which has happened a couple of times recently), but when I know I will see them that evening I'm good.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a nice treat! I am sure the day just flew by but it sounds like you got a lot accomplished.

Barry Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.