Wednesday, November 21, 2007

God, I Thank You For....

*Life
*Your love
*Your faithfulness
*My Salvation
*My amazing husband
*My awesome children (ALL 4 of them! I love you Brittany and Camille!)
*Parents who love me unconditionally
*The best in-laws ever!
*A home of our own
*Great friends
*An awesome church
*Never having to go hungry
*A reliable vehicle to drive

Scott works at a bank and every day in the past week he has had someone sitting in front of him telling him of the hard times they are going through. Some of them have children who are battling cancer, spouses who have died recently, jobs they have lost and have not been able to replace for months. The one thing that has stood out to me in the midsts of these stories is that so many of them end with them telling Scott that their spouse couldn't handle the stress so they walked out and left them and sometimes their children. This breaks my heart.

This made me realize how much I take for ganted. So for this reason I wanted to take a minute and let Scott know how much I appreciate him and how very special he is to me. Thank you Scott for all you do for our family. Thank you for going to work every day with a great attitude and for working so hard to make the money we need so that I can stay home with our kids. Thank you for loving me and the kids. My heart overflows when I watch you sword fighting with Caleb, or wrestling with them both, or watching you all snuggle together on the couch. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me and would do anything for me, but also who loves our children. Thank you for being a godly example of what a husband and father should be.

I have to say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the time I get to spend with family. I love that it is a holiday of no expectations. There are no gifts to buy. It is just a time of simply being thankful.

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and tell you that I am thankful for you!

2 people said:

Barry Hughes said...

Great Thanksgiving Post, that was inspirational, I'll do one now.

Kara said...

Great post, Jessica! Happy Thanksgiving!