Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a great weekend! Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving. It was so nice to be able to spend the day with my family. We ate lots of food and played games. That evening we went to my in-laws and hung out for a few hours. It was the perfect way to end an already great day.

Friday, Scott and Kenzie braved the crowds and went shopping for a little while. They are not as devoted as some of you are. They didn't head out until 6 am. This has become their tradition. I hate to shop, so I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to go out that early and battle the crowds. But Scott and Kenz love it. Every year they go out early and shop, then they stop somewhere and have coffee or breakfast. Makenzie looks forward to it every year. I love that. Scott had to work that morning, so they didn't stay out that long. But they sure had fun.

Friday was also Makenzie's birthday. We had my neice, Rebecca, over for the weekend. They spent the day playing with the toys and games that Kenz got for her b-day. I made her a cake and Uncle Tyrone brought her home a pizza for dinner. It was a nice and relaxing day at home.

Saturday Scott had to work, so the kids and I just hung out at home. That night we went to church, then afterwards we went to our friends Blake and Jen's for dinner and a movie. The kids had fun playing and we had fun visiting.

Sunday afternoon we went bowling. Makenzie wanted to go bowling for her birthday, so Sunday was the day that worked for all the family. We had a great time. Here are a few highlights:


This is Scott's dad, mom, daughter Brittany, and sister Jessica. Along with my dad and Makenzie is the front holding the ball.

My sister Aleana with her daughter Tristyn.

Scott's Girls: Camille (left) and Brittany.

This was Caleb's favorite spot when he wasn't bowling.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. There is only one thing left to say....

BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!

4 people said:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Who took those pictures in your sidebar? I LOVE them!!

Life As I Know It said...

Thanks Andrea! Those pics were taken by Alisha Beverly.

fab5 said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Candace Sweigart said...

So sweet :) Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you and your family.