Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleep Tight My Love

Being a stay-at-home mom is the best thing I have ever done. I am so blessed to be able to spend this time with my kids. However, it's not always roses and sunshine. There are many a nights when I finally get the kids into bed and I sit down utterly exhausted! I think there is no way I can do this again tomorrow. Now, that isn't often, just on those days when I feel all I have done is scold, spank, and stop arguments over and over again. Then I go in to check on them before I go to bed and all I see are the most precious faces in the world! Faces that say, "I love you mom", faces that kiss me, faces that giggle and make me giggle. I think I could literally explode with all the love I feel towards them. So I was thinking....Do you think God made us to sleep, not only for our physical well-being, but so that in those times that we aggravate and frustrate Him with our disobedience and arguing, He has that moment when we are at complete peace and rest and He can look down at our faces with overflowing love? I can imagine He is smiling as He strokes my cheek and brushes back my hair. And then, ever so gently, kisses me softly and looks forward to what tomorrow will bring.


Father, thank you for these precious children You have entrusted to me. I ask You for the wisdom and understanding in raising them to love and follow You. I ask for a special blessing for all of my friends and their families today. I Love You, Lord! ~Amen~

9 people said:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog post Babe! That's a great wy to view things and I believe you are absolutely right. That has to be why God created sleep .... I am sure we frustrate and exhaust as Him as well. Love You!

Candace Sweigart said...

Those are very sweet thoughts. I think this is a beautiful blog post. Thank you for sharing.

The Garcia's said...

That is so true. I wonder how many people feel frustrated with me when I'm set to my stubborn ways. I always say my kids are the best when they are sleeping. God must feel the same with me at times. Thank you, you allowed me to place my own thoughts in better perspective.

Anonymous said...

I have days just like that but I never have put it into the perspective of God feeling that way about us. That is so true though. What a great way to view it. Loved this post, thanks!!

Alaskagirl said...

great post! Wow!!

Barry Hughes said...

Great blog! I moved mine to http://nsidegroups.blogspot.com/

fab5 said...

Great post! Thanks for the perspective! I think some of my most devastating moments as a mom have been after my kiddos are in bed and the day just didn't end the way I wanted it to.

TSHAA said...

Jess~ I have never thought of it this way, but I love the idea. I know that feeling of overwhelming love you talk about when your kids are in bed at the end of the day. It doesnt matter how rough of a day it was, when they are sleeping peacefully, there is just something about that sweetness that takes all the frustration away. Thanks for sharing! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica I am one of "those" that don't normally comment much on blogs but, I loved the picture that you drew here. Thanks!
Kendra