Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Letting Go

My daughter is at the age that she wants to pick out her own clothes and do her own hair. I have to admit, this is SO hard for me! I try to direct her a little by letting her know if something doesn't match, but she doesn't always care and will wear it anyway. It's hard for me to let her leave for school. I'm afraid the other kids will make fun of her. I don't want her to have to go through that. But I also know that she needs to learn and grow. This is an area I am working on. Saying all that, here is a picture of My Girl today:



Also, last night she decided she wanted to pull out one of her loose teeth. She sat in the bathroom for about 30 minutes and came out with it!


She was so excited that she started testing all the other teeth to see which one she could pull next! Here is the loot she got from the "Tooth Fairy."


8 people said:

Isabel said...

Oh, your children are precious.
I remember when I was about four I would wear my lucky cowboy boots and corduroy skirts with boys' sweatshirts and large amounts of plastic jewellery.
I also wore a nametag I made that read "Good Coyote."
Fancied myself a superhero of sorts, I did.

Candace Sweigart said...

I know that our parents were thinking the same thing when we were pegging our pants :)

She looks cute and I think she's a trendsetter. What a lovely girl! If only we all were free to set our own trends and wear only what we think is cute. I admire her individuality and so wish that I could be a kid again and not be as concerned with what others wanted me to look like. :)

Anonymous said...

Maddy is already wanting to pick out her own clothes and do her own hair. It's a serious issue in our house :0) and she is only 4!! We are in for it!

How fun that the tooth fairy gets to visit your house. Can't wait for that!

sharon said...

Boy, have I got pictures of Makenzie's mom when she was making her fashion statement!

Life As I Know It said...

Thanks Mom! Let's just keep those pictures to ourselves. ;0}

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, let's not keep those pictures to yourself Sharon :0)

Life As I Know It said...

No way Andrea!!

fab5 said...

Oh girls! What more do I have to say? I did Cassi's hair this a.m. before school, and when I saw her again this afternoon her hair looked much different. She had taken her own hair things to school in her pocket and did it "better" herself. These are the moments that I love to teach at the same school my kiddos attend.