Monday, March 30, 2009

Back To It

What a fun week. But MAN am I tired! We got home Friday night and were consumed by exhaustion. I loved and snuggled my puppies and got everything unpacked. Had some dinner, then we all fell into bed. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed after being away.

Saturday I did something I NEVER do. I slept until 10:30!!! I was seriously tired. We used this day to recuperate. :O) None of us got dressed or did anything but lounge around, watch TV, and play on the computer. It was a slow and relaxing day.

Sunday we had the privilege of supporting our dear friend, Tom Rasmussen, as he was ordained as a Lay Pastor at his church. It was great to be there for this important event in his life, as well as visiting with friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Today is back to reality. I was bummed to have to set my alarm clock when we went to bed last night, but I feel so blessed that we were able to enjoy our time away together.

Thanks to everyone who helped out while we were gone. Thanks mom, for the airport shuttling, and for helping with the dogs. I love you so much! Thanks Brittany, for staying at the house with the pups and making it so nice to come home to. Love you! And thanks to my friend, Lisa. She took my puppies to her house to play during the day. That helped so much. You rock!

8 people said:

Alisha Beverly said...

So...what was your favorite part of the whole trip?!

Life As I Know It said...

I think Lego Land might have been my favorite, but Sea World runs a VERY close second. Those Whales are amazing! Maybe the reason I loved Lego Land so much was because it was cool to see the kids get so excited.

andrea said...

Look/sounds like you guys had a great trip!

scarlett said...

Lego land looks so cool! Looks like you had a lot of fun, now you get to recover from your vacation! I always feel like I need a few days of rest after a trip like that. So much to see and do that you never stop. Aren't you missing that warm weather? I could live there.

Dionna said...

Yes, we often need a vacation to recupe from our vacations huh? :)

Always around said...

I'm glad you had a great trip, I want to go to lego land soooo bad! I wish there was a play-doh land though.

Life As I Know It said...

Ooooohhhhh! A playdough land would be pretty cool too.

Kimberly said...

I like the idea of sleeping in until 10:30! We need to try that someday soon. :)