Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Drum Roll Please....

I can't believe it's finally finished! It has taken about a month, but the baseball mural is completed. This all started when I told Caleb I was going to paint his room. I asked him what he wanted and he said that he wanted his wall to look like you were in a baseball field. Great. How in the world do I do that? I started searching online for large stick-on baseball pictures, but they all cost WAY more than I was willing to pay. I found a pattern for this one and, after convincing my mom that it wouldn't be that hard to do, I ordered it. It might have been a little more work than I anticipated, but it was well worth it. Not only to see the smile on my little guy's face, but I loved all the time that I got to spend alone with my mom. We did lots of talking and laughing. Thanks, Mom, for all your help. You rock! It is not as neat as I would have liked it to be, but I had to stop or I was going to make myself crazy. :O)

So, for all of you who have been waiting on pins and needles (Lynn!)...Here it is:









8 people said:

Anonymous said...

That is so freakin awesome! I HAVE been waiting on pins and needles since you teased us with it a long time ago. :) Good job

Kristin

Candace Sweigart said...

This is just amazing! I had no idea when you showed the pattern to me that it was going to be quite so huge. My goodness! You have so much patience girl. :) I love that you took this time and effort to make your son's room so special. You are a great Mom and such a sweet person. Can I be just like you when I grow up? :)

Dionna said...

Wow - that's fabulous! You should be so proud of all your hard work! It looks amazing.

Alisha Beverly said...

I'm amazed! I could never accomplish something like that.

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jessica! That looks amazing. Pretty perfect if you ask me. Way to go. You hard work definitely paid off. I bet Caleb is LOVING being in his newly decorated room.

Louisiana Belle said...

WOW! It's awesome! I'm really impressed- and you made it sound so easy the other night. I know your little man loves it!

Kim said...

Wow - I'm so impressed!