Thursday, October 16, 2008

Drip, Sniff, Sneeze, Cough

What have I accomplished this week? Hmm.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Why? Because I have a stupid sinus infection. I started feeling bad late Saturday night and I'm still fighting it. I went to the doc yesterday and finally got some antibiotics, so hopefully I will be on the mend soon. So, for that reason, everything on my "to do" list has been completely neglected. My house is a disaster, my laundry is piling up, the mural on the wall still needs to be painted, and my legs are very hairy! I have no energy to do anything. My amazing husband has been very understanding. It has to be frustrating to leave for work in the morning with your wife laying on the couch and then to come home after working so hard to find nothing done, no dinner made, and your wife laying in the same spot on the couch. My sweet, sweet Makenzie has been such a huge help. She keeps asking me if I need anything and is very willing to help with anything. She has helped with Caleb so much and I am so thankful for her and her servants heart. Ok, so enough about my pathetic self.

On a more serious note, Some of my dearest friends could sure use some prayer. Last week they suffered a miscarriage, yesterday his grandpa passed away, and they recently found out that his aunt is in the last stages of cancer and not expected to make it much longer, and his dad has been diagnosed with a blood disease that will require chemo for the rest of his life. Our friends are very strong Christians, but his family is not. If you would be kind enough to say a prayer for them during this time of grief, I know they would really appreciate it. Not only for their grief, but that God would use them to be a witness to his family. And that somehow, through these hard times, that God would open the hearts of his family and they would come to know the Lord.

I feel very blessed to have godly friends who I know I can go to with these requests. Thank you, friends, for your prayer. I also feel overwhelmed with thankfulness that I live in a country where I can publicly ask for prayer and be open with my faith without negative consequences.

5 people said:

Alisha Beverly said...

I hope you get better soon! No fun!

Anonymous said...

My heart and prayers go out to your friends! Talk about one difficult thing after another.

This might make you feel better-it's Friday and I still have at least 3 of those things on my to-do list for the week too. And I have been sick, just lazy for no reason :)

Feel better soon!

Andrea said...

I mean I HAVEN'T been sick :)

Always around said...

Let me know if you need anything, I'm just around the corner. I know you're on the mend, but it's super tuff to be sick and w/o the hubby. Feel better soon!!

fab5 said...

i hope you are feeling better!