Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our Champion

Yesterday was the Awana Games. For those of you who don't know what Awana is: It is a christian program that focuses on Bible memorization. The kids attend class each week. They have handbook time (where they recite the verses they have memorized that week), a time where they are taught a lesson, and then of course...game time! They teach the kids team work, as well as good sportsmanship. Once a year they have the Awana Games. This is where all the churches in the area get together and play against each other. They award ribbons for the second through fourth places, and the first place winners get medals.
This is the first year that Makenzie has been able to participate. She went to practice the last 3 weekends and was so excited to play in the games. When we got to the gym she was shaking and shivering so bad because she was so nervous and excited. It was all pretty adorable. I loved watching her play and run. I can't believe how much she has grown and how mature she is getting. She kept reminding me all morning, that it didn't matter if they won or lost. As long as they had a good attitude and had fun. I love her so much!
Well, I'm excited to report that both of our Broadway teams won FIRST PLACE! Here are a few shots I was able to get when I wasn't clapping and screaming my head off! :O)








Oh! I have to throw this in for fun: Last night the kids were getting ready for bed. Scott came in to say goodnight. He was giving Makenzie a hug and she said, "You know you are touching champion skin don't you?" We both laughed so hard! She was just so serious about it.

4 people said:

Mama Lisa said...

sounds like you got yourself a good egg. kids say the funniest things! great shots.

Kara said...

How exciting! Congrats to Makenzie and the whole BABC team!

Kim said...

Way to go Makenzie! I loved Scott's analogy that he used at church of God cheering us on as well. :)K

Candace Sweigart said...

OOh, this brought back memories. When I was Makenzie's age, I too participated in the Awana Olympics. It was so much fun and I can remember shaking with nervousness as well. So sweet that they are still holding the games and that your daughter was able to win.