Monday, March 24, 2008

Chaos

That is what the past week has been for me...Chaos. But all for a good reason. We replaced our living room carpet with wood floors. I admit that I had no part of the actual work. Scott and Tyrone (my brother) moved everything out of the room, ripped out the carpet and tile, and tore out a small wall. My father-in-law and a friend of his spent 2 days laying the floor. All I have had to do is help Scott put the furniture back and, of course...CLEAN! There is still dust everywhere. I have been told that it will take weeks of dusting everything, everyday before it is gone. I don't mind really. I'm just happy to have a little normalcy back to my life. And it sure does look nice!

Easter weekend was great! We had 3 amazing services at church. The choir did a fabulous job! The soloists were fantastic (Steph...you knocked my socks off)! We spent Sunday afternoon with my family. We had a delicious lunch of ham and turkey with all the fixings, then spent time visiting and playing LCR for quarters. I won twice..WOOHOO! After that we went and spent some time with Scott's family. We are so blessed to have both families close by. We love that we get to spend holidays with them all.

Saturday afternoon the kids colored eggs. Here are a few photos:









4 people said:

Anonymous said...

Man those kids are cute!

Anonymous said...

Where's the pic of the new wood floors????

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend celebrating Easter. Glad you are able to get your clean house back this week!

Life As I Know It said...

Andrea ~ I will post a pic soon. We still have to get the baseboards back on. I can't show it until it is completely finished. I know you understand that! :O)

Candace Sweigart said...

Cute pics and I can't wait to see pictures of your new floors :)