Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Project #1

Makenzie's Room:


My brother has lived with us for the past year and just moved out last weekend, so we decided to repaint before we put all of her things in. She picked out this comforter set, so we painted to match.

Here are the before and after pictures:

Before
After


Before
After

Before

After
And here is an extra just for the fun of it!
Not bad for my first "real" painting project. Project #2 is Caleb's room. That will start next week. Pictures to come.

11 people said:

Dionna said...

That looks so great! Fun and cheerful. So have you caught the painting "bug?"

Kimberly said...

I love it Jess!

kitkat said...

what a great room! i'm trying to "pump" myself up to just begin my painting projects. hopefully this weekend i'll start my son's room since he's been begging all week. btw, how do you do the dots? my daughter would love that on a wall.

Life As I Know It said...

Kitkat,
I know what you mean about having to get pumped up just to get started. But once you start you won't want to stop. I want to paint everything now! :O)
As for the dots...I just found 3 different sized bowls/cups and traced around them on the wall, then I just free-handed the paint. It's not as hard as you might think. Do you have a theme or colors picked out for your boy room?

CrumleyCrew said...

I love the room. The color combo is one that I have fallen in love with lately.

Anonymous said...

I LoVe it!! Love the brown and pink! It's true, once you get started painting a room you just want to do every other room in your house. Great job!!

TSHAA said...

So cute! Looks great Jess...you did a nice job!

Alisha Beverly said...

I love it! Those colors look so good together!

Candace Sweigart said...

Gorgeous! :)

kitkat said...

I just bought the first color for my son's room. Green. His fav. As I can afford it, I'll buy more paint. He loves transformers right now, so I bought the wall stickers. Not into the dark colors that would theme with transformers. So we'll do a green wall and the rest a darker tan. I've been meaning to start all weekend, no go. We'll see how today or tomorrow goes. :)

LogDog said...

love it!!!!

Kristin