Monday, September 22, 2008

Just a Few Things

*I finished phase 1 of Caleb's bedroom. I'm waiting for phase 2 to arrive in the mail. Should be here tomorrow. I'm guessing phase 2 will take at least a week, if not longer. I will post pics when it is finished.

* Did the Women's Fitness Celebration on Saturday. Yep, in the pouring rain. We were soaked to the bone before we ever hit the starting line. We had planned to walk at a leisurely pace (it was a 3 mile course) and just enjoy ourselves. The rain changed that plan. We ran part of the way and speed-walked the rest. We were SO cold! But it was a blast and I can't wait to do it again next year.

*Saturday night Makenzie and I went with my mother-in-law and niece to a ballet at the Morrison Center. It was Makenzie's first live ballet experience and she loved it. I can't wait to take her to another one.

*I can't believe it is the first day of fall already. Where did the summer go? I have to admit, summer has always been my favorite season. It still is, but fall is running a very close second. I am loving this cool weather. I'm not ready for the cold winter, but I do like the crisp mornings and evenings.

*I've been watching the Dog Whisperer on TV and I think I need to try some of his stuff on my Sophie. I'm amazed at what he can do with dogs.

*Looking forward to a clam week. It seems like we have all been going at 100 MPH lately. It will be nice to relax at home and enjoy some time together.

4 people said:

Alisha Beverly said...

Man, I remember a few years ago doing the Women's Fitness celebration and it was raining and cold but nothing like what you had to endure. Yuck!

Candace Sweigart said...

We LOVE the dog whisperer! We've been trying the "calm assertive" techniques with Bachelor and they've been working well. And last week I twittered about it and guess what...Cesar Millan started following me on twitter about a half a week later! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see some pics of Caleb's finished room. How exciting! Yea for you doing the Women's Fitness Celebration. I was thinking of all the women out there on Saturday in the pouring rain. I'm sure it made for a memorable event. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on being dedicated to the WFC. I would have looked at the rain and gone right back to bed. That's if I would have even signed up for it in the first place :)

Can't wait to see Caleb's room!! Hurry up and get it done ;P