Thursday, June 26, 2008

Experiments


I received an e-mail recently that listed a bunch of unusual ways you can use things around your house. I have tried a few and am pleasantly surprised. My favorite was that you can use hair conditioner to shave your legs. You may already know this, or even use it, but I had some conditioner that I had purchased a while back that I never needed. I could not bear to toss it out, so it has been sitting on a shelf. I gave it a shot...it works GREAT! I get a close, smooth shave and my legs are so soft! They don't feel dry and itchy later in the day like they did when I used shaving cream or body wash. And there are a bunch of hair conditioners out there that only cost a buck or so, so it is also a lot cheaper. You don't have to buy the expensive conditioners. And if you want a fruity scent you can also use the children's conditioners. I tend to get very excited about the silliest things. Here are a few others that I found interesting:


**Leftover snickers bars from Halloween make a delicious dessert. Simply chop them up with the food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. Place them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!!! Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream.


**When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving.


**To get something out of a heat register or from under the fridge, add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.


**If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily.


**Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer ... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.


**Smart splinter remover. Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue all over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.


I haven't tried all of these, but if you have or do, let me know how they work. And if you have any that you would like to share, I would love to hear about them!

7 people said:

Aleana said...

Hmmmm, I don't have any elmer's glue...will super glue work?

Alisha Beverly said...

Those are all so cool! What a great idea for shaving your legs with conditioner. I never by shaving gel because its just too expensive. Thanks for sharing!

Mama Lisa said...

thanks for the tips. love the splinter one, could have used that one last week. thanks.

fab5 said...

love the tips! i have actually been using conditioner for shaving for several months now. it works awesome! thanks for sharing!

Veronica said...

Awesome tips! I love to hear creative, practical ideas!

SPARKY said...

those are awesome. thanks for sharing. you know, i always get super tips for odd things and then forget them. i need to get a little notebook and keep stuff like this in it!

Anonymous said...

Well I haven't tried any of these yet, but, I will let you know next time I shave my legs!!! Love and miss ya cuz! -Buck-