Monday, December 1, 2008

Fun Times

What a great weekend! Other than the fact that most of my family is sick. Thanksgiving was great. We spent the day at my in-laws. There was more food than should ever be allowed in one place. We had fun visiting, eating, walking, eating, playing Bingo, eating, watching a movie, eating. Unfortunately Scott was really sick, so he spent the day at home. After spending the day with them we stopped off at my parents' house to say hello. I love that both sets of parents live just a few miles apart.

Friday was pretty slow. I'm not a crazy black Friday shopper. I don't like to shop at normal hours of the day, so I don't see the sense in getting up in the middle of the night to do it! Scott and Makenzie go together every year though. They went and were back by 7:30 then Scott headed off to work. The kids and I went over to my parents' for a while and then bravely decided to go to Walmart. By this time it was about 2pm. The store was not crowded at all. It was very nice. No waiting for check out either. I ended up getting the kids some new pajamas. They loved that.

Saturday I took advantage of Scott being home and I ran out and bought the kids their Christmas presents. I have to say, it is nice to be done with most of our shopping. At church on Saturday night Phil Eastman led the worship. It was FABULOUS! He has so much talent and it is awesome to see him using it for the Lord. Made me feel a bit old, however, when I thought back to when I used to babysit him and his brother. Where did the time go??

Sunday we got out the Christmas decorations. I guess I should say SCOTT got them out. He and the kids set up and decorated the Christmas tree. I went and picked up my little sister and took her out to lunch for her birthday. We had a great time.

Now after a week off of school, it's back to routine. Makenzie woke up sick yesterday, so she stayed home today. Poor baby. It is definitely making it's rounds in our house. I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat this morning. Ugh!

0 people said: