Monday, May 12, 2008

I Love My Life

Thanks to my husband and kids for a great day yesterday. From the moment they got up, my kids were doing everything they could to make me feel special. I received a great gift (thanks Scott) along with many treasured homemade things from them both. We spent the first part of our day with Scott's family. His parents, sister, and nieces were all there. We had lunch together and the kids had a great time playing outside. Later in the afternoon we went to my parent's house and played cards. It was a great day spent with the people that we love.

Caleb said a couple of funny things yesterday:

-After he woke up and told me "Happy Mother's Day" he said he was going to go to his room to find me a special toy from his collection..."because that's what kids do for their mom's on Mother's Day". (His exact words.)
After a few minutes he came out and told Kenz that he couldn't find the one he was looking for and asked her to help him look. She was doing something else and said she didn't want to and he said, "But sisters are supposed to help their little brothers."
After looking a while longer he came in with his hands behind his back and asked me, "Mom, have you always wanted a telescope?" I answered with a very enthusiastic "I HAVE!". He smiled so big and held out his toy pirate telescope and said, "Happy Mother's Day!". It was so very sweet.

-Later that day as we were getting in the car to leave he started whining about something, so I calmly said, "Buddy, it's mommy's special day. Can you please not whine?" I closed the door and as I opened my door to get in this is what I heard, "Dad, why does it get to be HER special day?" I laughed so hard!

We ended our evening with the finale of Survivor. I was very disappointed in the outcome, but I guess that's all part of the game.

4 people said:

Alisha Beverly said...

I hope you enjoy your telescope! Ah Hoy Matty!

fab5 said...

Glad you had a fun day! It's nice to have a "special" day every once in a while!

Dionna said...

I'm a Survivor fan too. Didn't really like the final 4... but it was good watchin!!
So sweet of your son to give you his telescope!

Candace Sweigart said...

Hey you,

Just stopping by your blog to catch up on your happenings and let you know that I'm thinking about you. I hope this week is going well for you!

Candace