Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Just thought I would take a second to brag on my amazing, thoughtful, sensitive husband. The past 2 weeks have been very rough for me. I have been really missing my sister. Lots of crying and very little sleeping. I know it is all part of "the process", but I keep feeling like I should be past this. So, yesterday morning, I open my Mother's Day gift and this is what I find inside:

(Front)
It says "In Memory of Faith Marie"


(Back)



On the day that Caleb was born, Scott gave me a gift in the hospital. It was a silver chain bracelet with a heart charm that had Makenzie engraved on one side of the heart, and Caleb engraved on the other. Yesterday he gave me this precious charm to add to that bracelet. The music notes are so fitting. Faith LOVED to sing and she had the most beautiful voice. She sang in our wedding, she sang to my kids, she sang to the animals...she just loved to sing.

Thank you, Scott for being sensitive to my hurting and doing all that you can to make me feel loved. This gift is so very precious to me and I will never forget the tears in your eyes as you watched me open it. I love you with all of my heart!

5 people said:

Unknown said...

This makes me love Scott for loving you so much! Your family is so amazing and such an inspiration to me! I know you will get through these tough times having the family and friends that love you so much! HUGS!

Dionna said...

What a touching, personable gift. I'm glad he gave that moment and those feelings to you yesterday.

Kimberly said...

How sweet!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift and very thoughtful. What a guy! One word of advice - the "process" has been determined by people who have not lost like we have. There is no rule book in dealing with grief, we all handle it differently. Don't set a time limit on when to "get better," that way you don't disappoint yourself when you have a bad day. Boating season is coming up and Faith loved to go on the boat with us. She always got horrendously sunburned and suffered for days, but loved it just the same. We will miss her this summer. A funny story for you - last summer we were on the lake and tubing, and I tried to talk Faith into getting on the tube with me. She told me she was horrified of the deep water, but I finally talked her into it. So my husband took off and the tube started moving and I thought she was going to kill me. She grabbed me by the neck and screamed at me to GET HER OFF THE TUBE! I was laughing so hard I couldn't yell at my husband to stop. It was a riot. Good times! Love ya, Laura

TSHAA said...

Aw, I got tears in my eyes just reading this. Very thoughtful.. Thinking of you Jess!