Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Crazy

This past weekend flew by. Possibly because we jammed it as full as we could with as many things as we could. It went like this:

Friday: I had a party with some girl friends, so Scott took the kids to his parents where they spent the evening. Scott came home a little after ten (without the kids...woohoo), and our friends didn't leave until after midnight. Got to bed way too late.

Saturday: The morning came all too early, as we had to be at the church for a meeting Saturday morning. After the meeting, Scott and I went to Mike and Erin's for lunch and an afternoon of loafing and playing Rockstar 2 on the Wii. I was reminded of how little rhythm I have. After a very relaxing afternoon with them we headed over to Tom and Lorene's for dinner. The food was great, but the conversation and company was the best. From there we went to pick up the kids from Scott's parents and headed home.

Sunday: We went to church. This was different for us because we usually go on Saturday night. I didn't like having to get up early, especially after 2 late nights in a row, but it was a great service. It was the celebration of our new church name: Bridgepoint Church. After coming home I ran over to Amber's for a few minutes because she was having a Cents of Style open house. After coming back home I decided to read for a little while...this turned into a nap! It felt so good. Then it was off to the Foss home for Small group. Since our study hasn't started yet, we decided to spend the evening playing games. We played Wii for a bit and then let the kids take over and the adults moved on to Phase 10. It was crazy, loud, chaotic, and SO much fun! We had a great time. After getting the kids to bed Scott and I watched a little tv and then called it a night. Whew!

Today was back to normal. Up early, kids off to school, then over to my mom's to play our weekly Canasta game. Today Matt joined us. I'm starting to think I am the unlucky one. I lost when I was Matt's partner and then I lost again when I was Aleana's partner...hmmm. Now I am sitting on my comfy couch with a full belly, a hot cup of coffee, and my family around me. We are watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and I am feeling blessed.

3 people said:

Dionna said...

Wow - you are just a social maniac! HA HA

Anonymous said...

That was a weekend pack full of fun :)

Crazy and loud at home teams??? Ha! Just a little. Did Scott leave with a headache?

Alisha Beverly said...

Wow! You did have a busy weekend! I'm glad you got to spend some alone time with your hubby though. I bet that was nice.