Monday, August 18, 2008

3...2...1...BLAST OFF!


Well, this is it. The final two days of summer vacation. Tomorrow we go meet the teachers and see the classrooms, and Wednesday they start school. I can't believe how fast summer flew by! It has been great though. We have had one of our best summers. God has blessed me with two amazing children and the most wonderful husband anyone could ask for, and I feel like we all grew so much closer this summer. Back to my point. As excited as I am for both kids to be in school, I have to admit that I am a bit nervous as well. Caleb just seems so little. I have all of these irrational fears. What if he gets lost in the school? What if he gets picked on? What if he has to go to the bathroom and doesn't remember where it is? What if he doesn't want to eat his lunch and the teacher won't let him go outside to play? What if...what if...what if!?! I'm sure you are thinking that I'm crazy, but I can't help myself. Once he goes on the first day I will relax... I think! :O/ As for Makenzie, she is stoked. She loves school and can't wait to go back. Next year the back to school post will be about how freaked out I will be sending my baby to JUNIOR HIGH!!!! I can't even think about that right now! So, for now, I am off to enjoy our last two days. What will we do? Probably nothing. But that's the beauty of it. We have nothing to do but relax and enjoy the day.

3 people said:

Kara said...

How in the world is it possible that Makenzie will be in junior high next year?????? Enjoy your last two days of vacation. :)

Alisha Beverly said...

Enjoy your last two days!

scarlett said...

I know you are freaked when you send your baby to kindergarten. They are little but oh so fun to have around the school! Trust me all the staff looks out for those little ones until they get the hang of things. I always love finding them wandering down the hall looking for well...something but they usually can't remember what!