Monday, April 21, 2008

Pass the Tissue

As of today, my baby is registered for kindergarten. Where did the last 4 and a half years go? I have been excited at the thought of both of my kids being in school. Excited about the small amount of "me time" that would allow. I'm still excited, but I have to admit that it tugs at my heart a bit. I'm looking forward to this next "phase" of our lives. Along with the sadness, it brings a lot of possibility. My babies aren't babies anymore. Can't wait to see what's to come!

8 people said:

TSHAA said...

Kindergarten? Really? Already? That does seem fast. Will he be going full days?

Anonymous said...

Maddy has had 3 different days of orientation but tomorrow is her big day of registration. Such a bitter sweet moment. I am going to savor every last minute of my time with Bryson. It goes by way too fast!

Kimberly said...

Wow -- this is Allison's year too, although it's not so tough for me because we will be homeschooling. I can't imagine how you must feel!

Mama Lisa said...

ooohh how they grow so...don't you wish you could just bottle them up and keep them young and sweet forever. i don't want the world to influence them..i know how you feel. when i registered my oldest it was like "pass the box please."

SPARKY said...

WHAT? are you kidding me. i swear you just had him? oh, man, don't remind me. i'm dreading mine's second birthday.
wow. 1/2 your day alone? what the heck will you do?

Kara said...

The time goes by way too fast, I'm learning that all too well!

scarlett said...

Ahhh...the bittersweet moment of the youngest going to kindergarten. It is a hard one, harder than the first I think. I mean that is your baby and when you think of all your kids in school...well, that means we are getting older too! I LOVE my kids at this age though. They are sooooooo fun! Enjoy every minute!

Kim said...

Man that's a hard time -- Savor your summer! Here's what might be coming -- classroom volunteer, art mom, room mom, PTO, field trip chaperone, party planner... oh and maybe a little afternoon coffee with friends :) K